Do you want to make your camping experience more enjoyable and memorable? Or perhaps you simply need an electric fan to make those super-hot summer camping trips more bearable? Well, Small Portable Generators are the answer to all of your camping worries and you need to find out one of the best small generators for camping.
These mini sized generators have the ability to power your refrigerator, fan, computers, ovens and all other devices to make your camping trip more comfortable. Now getting generators for camping can be a little tricky; you need something that’s small and portable and that produces low noise. This is why we decided to test out and list the best portable small generators for camping available in stores.
Best Small Generators for Camping
Our top four picks have been mentioned below:
|Product Name||Capacity||Running Power|
|Honda EU2200i Generator||0.9 gallon||2200 Watts|
|Wen 56200i Portable Generator||1.05 gallon||1600 Watt|
|Champion Power Equipment 100692 Portable Inverter Generator||1 gallon||1700 Watt|
|A-iPower SUA2000iV Portable Inverter Generator||1.1 gallon||1600 Watt|
When it comes to picking the best essentially noise free generator, the Honda EU2200i Generator is the best. It has a great many amazing features that make it an ideal portable small generator for camping.
- Its fuel tank capacity is 0.9 gallons which is enough to power your devices for long periods of time on end.
- It produces a very low sound of about 50 db.
- It has a running power of 2200 watts (can be used to power multiple thing at once).
- It is highly fuel efficient and makes minimum use of fuel to supply power.
- The Honda EU2200i runs on gasoline which is easily available.
- Its advanced air cooling mechanism keeps it from overheating and shutting down.
- It also has an app called Honda My Generator App along with Bluetooth connectivity that allows you to control the generator remotely.
- It doesn’t come with too many power outlets; just the 120V AC outlets that power electric appliances and extension cords.
- It can run approximately 4 hours at 50% load.
- This generator also has an advanced carbon monoxide level detector which shuts it down as soon as CO levels rise.
- It weighs only 46 pounds which makes it ideal for camping trips.
- Wen 56200i Portable Generator
Another amazing pick is the Wen 56200i Portable Generator which has its own distinguishing features that make it stand out.
- It has a fuel capacity of 1 gallon.
- This generator is also very quiet (around 50 dB) and is perfect for people who are easily disturbed by a loud noise.
- It has a running power of 1600 watts which keeps your devices running smoothly.
- It comes with a variety of different ports including two 120V AC outlet, a 12V DC port for charging external batteries and a 5V USB port.
- It runs on gasoline.
- The Generator’s Eco-Mode Throttle allows it to alter its fuel consumption based on the number of devices plugged in. This prevents excessive use of fuel.
- It also comes with an auto low fuel shut off which makes it long-lasting.
- It weighs 48 pounds which makes it easy to use around the house and carry it on you when you travel.
- It can run for 6 hours at 50% load on a full tank.
- The Wen 2,000-Watt 56200i Portable Generator comes with a 2-year warranty so you can always swap it out for another one if you end up damaging it.
For those of you that want something super lightweight, the Champion Power Equipment 100692 Portable Inverter Generator should be your go to. In spite of its small size, it offers a wide variety of features and a high running time.
- Its fuel tank capacity is 1.05 gallon.
- This generator is super quiet with a noise level of 58 dB.
- It runs on gasoline.
- The running power is 1700 watts which are quite surprising considering its small build.
- By connecting the generator with a separately sold Champion Invertor, you can double its power output.
- It has two 120V AC outlets that provide clean electricity to all your appliances. You can power your electric grill and have a delicious cookout using this powerful generator.
- The Champion Power Equipment 100692 Portable Inverter Generator can run for approximately 7 hours at 50% load with a full tank.
- It has a smart economy mode that lowers noise and fuel usage along with providing a longer engine life.
- It weighs merely 39 pounds and is thus perfect for those of you who don’t want something bulky or heavy.
- One of the best things about this generator is its 3-year warranty and free lifetime technical assistance.
Our top budget friendly choice is the A-iPower SUA2000iV Portable Inverter Generator. It provides sufficient running hours, is practically noise free and cheap! What more can you possibly ask for!
- It has a 1.1-gallon gasoline tank with a built-in fuel gauge to check oil levels.
- The noise produced by this generator is 58 dB.
- It features a multi-functional switch that is used to start, run and stop the generator.
- It has 1600 running watts to provide clean power to most devices.
- The A-iPower SUA2000iV Portable Inverter Generator runs for 7 hours at 50 per cent load which is longer than what most small generators can run for.
- It has two 120V AC ports and a 12 V DC port to charge external batteries.
- It weighs only 46 pounds.
After lots of consideration, we decided that the Honda EU2200i Generator takes the cake as one of the best small generators for camping. It is small and light weight, produces less noise, reduces fuel usage and has long-running hours which is just what you need to have a perfect camping companion.