As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Mountain biking is an exhilarating sport for all body types. Keeping this fact in mind, we decided to try out various mountain bikes for heavy riders and choose the best ones from them. The main purpose behind this is that there are just too many options available in the market and it is good to know which ones stand out and what is the best mountain bike for heavy riders.
So, read below and choose any of best mountain bike for heavy riders and enjoy your adventure:
Best Mountain Bike For Heavy Riders
The Schwinn Protocol 1.0 Men’s and Women’s Mountain Bike is every heavy rider’s dream bike. Its equipped with several amazing features which make it our top pick.
- This 26-inch bike is made especially for heavy riders. Its dual suspension allows for a smoother rider with maximum bike handling ease.
- It is designed to have a steel rear triangle with an aluminium dual-suspension frame. This makes it highly strong and durable to account for a high-performance ride.
- The Shimano EF-50 trigger shifters make shifting gears fast quick, accurate and smooth.
- The rear derailleur gives you the power to choose between 24 different speeds to ensure that you are travelling at the speed you are most comfortable with.
- The knobby-tired combined with the double-walled alloy rims account for additional grip and stability while. You no longer have to encounter more skidding and sliding accidents when you use the Schwinn Protocol 1.0 Mountain Bike!
- Equipped with both Promax front and rare mechanical disc brakes, this Mountain Bike prioritizes your safety by making sure that you have fast and responsive brake system.
- Supporting up to 300 pounds, this mountain bike is perfect for those of you willing to ride your way into a healthy life.
- It comes with an adjustable seat post to make sure that you have maximum comfort.
- It is ideally meant for riders in the height range of 5 feet 4 inches and 6 feet two inches.
These features make this model a dream bike for overweight riders. Our tests indicate that most heavy riders absoluetely love this bike because of its built and quality. This 26 inch bike gives heavy riders a perfect bike to ride and begin their adventure.
Who says you cant work out in style? Get the Merax Finiss Mountain Bike to make the crowd stop and stare! Its excellent features make it perfect for turning those boring Sunday afternoons into adventurous and exciting ones.
- It makes use of Magnesium Alloy wheels which are lighter and faster than steel ones. Riding your bike just became a little less difficult and a little more fun!
- Chain slipping? What’s that? This bike makes use of high-quality Shimano shifters and levers to allow you to change speeds quickly. You can choose between 21 different speeds quickly without worrying about any chain slipping accidents.
- It’s front and rear mechanical disc brakes make stopping the bike easy and convenient regardless of speed.
- The bike’s aluminium frame is durable and long-lasting.
- Its lock out suspension system absorbs bumps caused by rocks and stones to provide an extremely comfortable and smooth riding experience.
- An additional feature which makes this bike stand out is its quick-release hub and axles. This gives you the option of switching out your 26-inch wheels for 29 inches one without any hassle!
- It can support up to 300 pounds.
- Best for riders with a height between 5 feet 7 inches to 6 feet 2 inches.
- The bike comes 85% assembled. You will need to assemble it completely by carefully reading the instruction manual as the process is a little complex.
For those of you looking for a cheaper but amazing mountain bike, it doesn’t get better than the Mongoose Dolomite bike! Honestly the price of this bike is an absolute shocker considering its remarkable features.
- The 26-inch wheels that are extra wide (up to 4 inches) to make sure that you get a stable riding experience regardless of your weight.
- Its durable steel frame makes it very long-lasting.
- It uses twist shifters to make shifting gears highly easy for all riders. Thus, you can quickly shift your gear and increase or decrease your speed.
- Is riding up hills a little too tiring and difficult for you? Well, don’t worry! The Mongoose Dolomite Mountain Bike gives the option of choosing between seven different speeds based on your needs which makes climbing up hills a piece of cake!
- The beach cruiser pedals are extremely comfortable to pedal on and provide utmost comfort.
- It has front and rear pedals to make sure that you have an extremely responsive braking system.
- Be it snow or mud, dirt or city roads, this bike is perfect to ride comfortably through any part of town!
- The bike comes assembled so you don’t have to fret about learning how to assemble a bike.
- It can support a maximum weight of 385 pounds!
- The recommended height for riding this bicycle is between 5 feet 6 inches to 6 feet but we’ve had 6 feet 5 inches tell us that this bike provided them with the most comfortable bike riding experience.
Another great bike for heavy rider’s is the Mongoose Impasse Mountain Bike. It is jam packed with remarkable features that makes all those who try it fall in love with it.
- Big guys need big wheels. This is why Mongoose Impasse Bike is equipped with 29 inches wheel that allows you to have a smoother and more comfortable ride.
- Whatever speed you want, the Mongoose Impasse Men’s Mountain Bike has got it. It gives you 21 different speed options to choose from.
- Its aluminium suspension frame makes it fast, easy to handle and durable.
- Equipped with dual suspension, this bike allows for greater control with a smoother ride due to its shock-absorbing property
- The alloy disk hand brakes reduce slipping accidents which makes this bike extremely safe for heavy riders.
- The tires have Schrader valves (same as the valves used in the car) which makes it very convenient to pump air into it. Simply make a quick stop at any gas station to have turgid air-filled wheels.
- The bike can support up to 375 pounds.
- Best for adults ranging in height from 5 feet 4 inches to 6 feet 2 inches.
This review has been made after thoroughly doing our research and discussing with the experts and users. We believe in providing an unbiased review so hopefully, this review will help you find you the right model which fits your needs.